Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Ralph H. Byrne

06 June 2014

1929 – Sacred Heart Church, Arvagh, Co. Cavan

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne The foundation stone was laid on 2nd October 1927, and the official opening took place on 8th September 1929. The architect was Ralph H. Byrne, of W.H. Byrne &...

29 May 2014

1922 – Oliver Plunkett Church, Blackrock, Co. Louth

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne One of the better designed churches of the early 20th century that largely managed to escape the granite-clad barn template of later years is the Church of St. Oliver...

17 August 2013

1919 – No. 13 O’Connell Street Lower, Dublin

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Built after the previous branch of the Hibernian Bank was destroyed in the fighting during the 1916 Easter Rising. The previous building was by O’Neill & Byrne and was...

12 June 2013

1945 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Carndonagh, Co. Donegal

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Large Roman Catholic church that proclaims its position over the town and countryside. Done in a vaguely Italianate style with the campanile and crossing tower and dome, described as...

15 April 2013

1938 – St. Colman’s Church, Gort, Co. Galway

Architect: William Hague / Ralph H. Byrne St. Colman’s has been under construction, or at least renovation, for over one hundred years. The original church of 1828 was by either James or George...

15 April 2013

1931 – Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Creagh, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Built from fabric of earlier church of c.1850 from Custume Barracks in Athlone, that was dismantled (to be replaced by a new church) and extended by Ralph H. Byrne....

09 March 2013

1881 – St Brigid’s Church, Clara, Co. Offaly

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan / Ralph H. Byrne Designed in 1876, and completed by 1881, and reminiscent of Pugin’s work at St. Mary’s Cathedral in Killarney – in particular the central crossing tower. The...

02 February 2010

1916 – St Patrick’s Church, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Fine early 20th century Gothic revival church on an awkward site which the architect has made the most of by placing the tower and spire along the roadside...

07 January 2010

1936 – College of Further Education, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Built as Drogheda Technical School and now the College of Further Education, this is a fine example of the early Modern Movement in Ireland. The entrance to the school...

Pages:12Next »