Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Rathfarnham

26 November 2013

1764 – Marlay House, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Marlay House was built by Thomas Taylor and was originally known as ‘The Grange’. David La Touche, first governor of the newly established Bank of Ireland acquired and extended the house in 1764...

13 July 2013

1827 – New Whitechurch, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Semple In 1827, a new parish church, officially titled ‘New Whitechurch’, was consecrated, blessed and opened for public worship by the Archbishop of Dublin. The church’s architect was John Semple, the...

05 February 2010

1852 – St. Columba’s College, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: Philip Charles Hardwick Design for a proposed building at St. Columba’s College, Co. Dublin by Philip Charles Hardwick – to include chapel, hall and cloister. In 1849, St. Columba’s moved from Stackallan...

27 January 2010

1820 – Sexton’s Cottage, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Adjacent to the school and the local Church of Ireland, this is an attractive little house with unusual detailing above the upper windows.

26 January 2010

1913 – Former Courthouse, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Un-assuming little building built as the Court of Petty Sessions – public entrance at one end, and a room for the judge behind the bench.

26 January 2010

1820 – Former School, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Adjacent to the Church of Ireland, and now used as a community centre, this little school opens out on to the main street of the village as well as the forecourt of the...

26 January 2010

1795 – Church of Ireland, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

The church which dates from 1795 has had two enlargements. The first was in the 1820s when the tower and spire were added. There were some “improvements” by Welland & Gillespie in 1865....

26 January 2010

1583 – Rathfarnham Castle, Co. Dublin

The date of the foundation of the Castle is uncertain, but recent research would suggest 1583 as the most likely date. It was built by Adam Loftus, a Yorkshireman. The Castle has a...

17 September 2009

1878 – Church of the Annunciation, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed in Early French Gothic style with the nave, aisles and chancel terminating in 3 semicircular apses.The foundation stone was laind on 29 March 1875, and the church dedicated 27...