Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Rawson Carroll

30 January 2014

1730 – Tollymore Park, Bryansford, Co. Down

Architect: Thomas Wright / Charles Lanyon / James Rawson Carroll Much extended country house, around four sides of a courtyard, designed and added to by a number of architects. The original house was...

02 May 2013

1827 – St Mary’s Church of Ireland, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Richard Richards / Rawson Carroll Designed by Richard Richards, an architect and builder from Roscommon, to the usual Board of First Fruits plan. Richards was responsible for several Church of Ireland buildings...

16 April 2013

1824 – St. Philip and St. James Church, Booterstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Bowden & J. Rawson Carroll Constructed on a site donated by the Earl of Pembroke and funded a grant by the Board of First Fruits, a further donation of money by...

14 March 2013

1861 – Featherstone Memorial, Ardagh, Co. Longford

Architect: Rawson Carroll Constructed as a clocktower and memorial to Sir Ralph Featherstone by his widow Elizabeth.A rdagh is a small designed estate village, laid out around a small village green with the...

08 March 2013

1864 – Houses, Ardagh, Co. Longford

Architect: Rawson Carroll Ardagh is a small designed estate village, laid out around a small village green. The cottages were all largely designed by the architect James Rawson Carroll, (1830 – 1911). The...

06 December 2011

1868 – Magdalen Asylum Chapel, Leeson St., Dublin

Architect: Rawson Carroll Later facade and tower added to earlier chapel for the Magdalen Asylum at the foot of Leeson Street. The slate spire with cast-iron applied decoration was a local landmark until...

05 February 2010

1860 – Molyneux Church and Asylum for Blind Females, Leeson Park, Dublin

Architect: Rawson Carroll Winning entry for an architectural competition held in late 1859. Unsuccessful entrants included William G. Murray, John McCurdy, and William Barre. Foundation stone was church laid in June 1860 with...

30 December 2009

1878 – Courthouse, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: Rawson Carroll Most large Irish towns have a fine classical courthouse (Carlow, Monaghan, Dundalk), but Sligo’s is a fine Gothic Revival ediface. The design is dominated by the octagonal tower which has...