Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Regina

01 August 2012

1910 – Land Titles Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Darling & Pearson The first public building commissioned by the new provincial government after the formation of the province. Designed by the prominent Toronto architectural firm of Darling and Pearson during their...

01 August 2012

1891 – Government House, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Thomas Fuller Government House was constructed between 1889-91 and was built on a grand scale as a result of the federal government’s desire to have an imposing symbol of its authority in...

01 August 2012

1937 – Federal Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: William H. Birmingham & Fred Hollingsworth The four-storey stone and brick building presents a stepped back, geometric mass with a flat-roof and prominent central tower. It was built as a make-work project...

06 July 2012

1914 – Canada Life Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Brown & Vallance A fine white terra cotta facade with influences from the Chicago School, this office building was designed by Montreal architects Brown & Vallance. Still in use today, it is...

06 April 2012

1921 – Central Fire Hall, Regina, Saskatchewan

Built to replace the original firehall for Regina.

01 April 2012

1912 – Public library, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond In 1910, after an approach from the city of Regina, Andrew Carnegie provided an initial grant of $30,000.00 for a new library building which was subsequently increased to...

06 August 2011

1914 – Saskatchewan Revenue Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond A fine two-storey brick office block with glazed terracotta trim built in 1914. Originally known as the Saskatchewan Co-operative Elevator Building, one of the first major agricultural co-operatives...

06 August 2010

1913 – Holy Rosary Cathedral, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Joseph Fortin The building was designed by the Montréal architect J. Fortin and modelled after churches in northern France, for the then considerable sum of $135,000.

02 August 2010

1928 – Regina Armoury, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond Regina Armoury’s restrained ornamentation, large scale, simple form and Tudor Revival references are typical of drill halls erected in the interwar period. Its functional design is evidenced by...

Pages:12Next »