Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Richard Orpen

13 January 2014

1901 – St. Aiden’s Church, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: Richard Orpen Chapel-of-ease for the St. George’s Parish. The building was built to accommodate 400 people. Demolished to make way for a rectory in 1963.

26 March 2013

1733 – Desart Court, Callan, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce A Palladian house of two storeys over a basement, joined to two two-storey wings by curved sweeps from around 1733, and attributed to Edward Lovett Pearce. The centre block...

17 October 2012

1811 – Castlemacgarrett House, Claremorris, Co. Mayo

After the house of 1694 was destroyed in a fire in 1811, part of the current house was constructed. It was later extended in 1907 by Richard Orpen. There were unexecuted designs from...

08 February 2010

1937 – War Memorial Reading Room, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Thomas Manly Deane Small classically inspired reading room, connected by tunnel to the Long Library and intended for the use of Postgraduate students. An octagonal reading room on a plinth with a...

05 February 2010

1852 – St. Columba’s College, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: Philip Charles Hardwick Design for a proposed building at St. Columba’s College, Co. Dublin by Philip Charles Hardwick – to include chapel, hall and cloister. In 1849, St. Columba’s moved from Stackallan...

27 January 2010

1860 – St. John the Evangelist, Mounttown, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Joseph Welland Designed as a Church of Ireland, and originally opened for public worship on 23 May 1860; consecrated 16 June 1864, it is now used by a conservative Catholic group who...

28 September 2009

1912 – Church of Ireland Diocesan Hall, Armagh

Architects: W. Jervais & Richard Orpen Built across the street from the main entrance to the Church of Ireland Cathedral, the Diocesan Hall is a neo-Elizabethan building from 1912. The interior features intersecting...