Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Rockcorry

29 September 2009

1846 – Dartrey, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Burn Also known as Dawson Grove, Dartrey was built in 1846 and designed by William Burn as a large Elizabethan Revivial mansion to replace an earlier house on the site. Built...

29 September 2009

1847 – Widow’s Almshouses, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

A fine stone Georgian terrace of four houses with brick surrounds to the windows and doors. Constructed as almshouses for “destitute widows” by Joseph Griffiths.

29 September 2009

1809 – Dawson Monument, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

An obelisk-style monument, situated between Cootehill and Rockcorry, this was erected by local electors in honour of the 18th century MP Richard Dawson of nearby Dartrey. He was returned to five successive parliaments.

29 September 2009

1855 – St. James Church of Ireland, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Barre Designed by William Barre who died before it was complete, this is a fine little Church of Ireland which has recently had a restoration. The asymmetrically sited tower marks the...