Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Roscommon

07 March 2014

1883 – Design for Roscommon Courthouse

Architect: William Kaye-Parry & H.A. Cheers Design submitted for new court house after the previous building was damaged by fire. A joint submission by William Kaye-Parry with English architect Henry A. Cheers, but...

28 November 2012

1257 – Roscommon Abbey, Co. Roscommon

Founded in 1253 and consecrated in 1257. The church originally consisted of one long aisle with lancet windows. Those on the east and west walls were replaced in the 15th century with traceried...

06 November 2012

1895 – Presbytery, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: W.H. Byrne Solid late-Victorian house with bay windows on several sides, and rather awkward decorative pediments over paired ground-floor windows..

02 November 2012

1883 – Courthouse, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Christopher J. Mulvany Selected design after an architectural competition to replace County Counthouse that had been destroyed in a fire in 1882.

22 October 2012

1777 – Old Gaol, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

The building originally consisted of 36 Cells and the Governor’s Private Dwelling. It is known for having a hangwoman “Lady Betty”, a criminal who had her sentence for murder withdrawn on condition that...

21 September 2012

1762 – Harrison Hall, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: John & George Ensor Now a branch of the d Bank of Ireland but known also as Harrison Hall. Originally built as a rectangular-plan court house and market house in the mid-eighteenth...

06 November 2011

1903 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Roscommon

Architect: Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen / O’Callaghan & Webb Main body of church constructed between 1897 and 1903 by Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen. The tower and spire was added...