Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Rural Municipality of St. Andrews

17 December 2009

1855 – St. Andrew’s Rectory, St. Andrews, Manitoba

Built as the home of Archdeacon William Cockran, who designed the adjacent church, between 1853 and 1855, St. Andrew’s Rectory is an excellent example of mid-19th century Red River architecture. It is a...

17 December 2009

1849 – St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Manitoba

Architect: William Cockran Between 1845 and 1849 construction proceeded on a new stone church to serve the burgeoning Parish of St. Andrew’s. The building was designed by Archdeacon William Cockran (1798-1865) to serve...

17 December 2009

1857 – St. Clement’s Anglican Church, Manitoba

The official church for employees of the Hudson’s Bay Company who were stationed at the nearby Lower Fort Garry, St Clements was started in 1857 but the short bell tower was not completed...

17 December 2009

1905 – St Thomas’s Anglican Church, Manitoba

This little church provides a little conundrum – is it rendered over timber siding, as suggested by the upper level of the tower’s exposed timber; or is it a rendered stone building with...