Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Samuel Hooper

01 January 2014

1913 – Fitzgerald Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Formerly Earth Sciences Building, and later the School of Art. The building is named after one of Canada’s leading painters Lionel Lemoine Fitzgerald, who exhibited with...

01 October 2012

1904 – Courthouse, Morden, Manitoba

Architect: Samuel Hooper Designed by the Provincial Architect Samuel Hooper as a courthouse and small holding jail for the surrounding area. A simple building, with an unsual pediment, it now has rather unfortunately...

24 July 2012

1907 – Garry Telephone Exchange Building, 474 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg

Architect: Samuel Hooper Designed by provincial architect Samuel Hooper, this building was the first telephone exchange erected by Manitoba Government Telephones (first provincially owned telephone system in Canada). It served as headquarters and...

23 July 2012

1906 – Central Normal School, William St., Winnipeg

Architect: Samuel Hooper The former Central Normal School served as the headquarters for teacher training for more than forty years, and was the key institution for formulating educational philosophy and curriculum. Designed by...

23 July 2012

1905 – Former Carnegie Library, William St., Winnipeg

Architect: Samuel Hooper The Carnegie Public Library was officially opened on October 11th, 1905 by Governor General Earl Grey and functioned as Winnipeg’s central library until the completion of the Centennial Library in...

21 July 2012

1903 – St. Mary’s Academy, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Samuel Hooper The third location of the school, as it moved to its present location in 1903. At that time, the school sat out on the prairie in an undeveloped area. However,...

21 January 2012

1912 – Agricultural Engineering, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Constructed as part of the original Fort Garry agricultural college.

21 January 2012

1913 – Dairy Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Constructed in 1913 as part of the original Fort Garry agricultural college.

01 August 2011

1906 – Former Manitoba Agricultural College, Tuxedo, Winnipeg

Architect: Samuel Hooper Following the establishment of the Manitoba Agricultural College in 1903-04, two river lots south of the Assiniboine River and west of Winnipeg were selected. The college officially opened in 1906,...

Pages:12Next »