Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Saskatchewan

06 August 2011

1914 – Sacred Heart Cathedral, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan

The Cathedral was designed in the Romanesque style, with buttresses to help to support the walls. The red brick church is accented with light Manitoba Tyndall stone. The niche in the apex of...

06 August 2011

1914 – Saskatchewan Revenue Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond A fine two-storey brick office block with glazed terracotta trim built in 1914. Originally known as the Saskatchewan Co-operative Elevator Building, one of the first major agricultural co-operatives...

02 August 2011

1939 – Yorkton Armoury, Saskatchewan

Architect: David Webster The two-story building, with the façade on First Avenue North was constructed of brick and Tyndal stone. The total cost amounted to $32,000.00. The official opening took place in October...

02 August 2011

1928 – LCol D.V. Currie VC Armoury, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond The home of The Saskatchewan Dragoons, a unit of the Canadian Forces Primary Reserve. Smaller than some other Amrouries, it still has the Tudor Revival mock castellations and...

02 August 2011

1908 – Firehall No.1, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Fire Hall No.1 was located on the south west corner of 23rd Street and 4th Avenue, where the main branch of the Saskatoon Public Library now stand

06 August 2010

1913 – Holy Rosary Cathedral, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Joseph Fortin The building was designed by the Montréal architect J. Fortin and modelled after churches in northern France, for the then considerable sum of $135,000.

02 August 2010

1928 – Regina Armoury, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond Regina Armoury’s restrained ornamentation, large scale, simple form and Tudor Revival references are typical of drill halls erected in the interwar period. Its functional design is evidenced by...

01 August 2010

1908 – City Hall, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: William M. Dodd & E.C. Hopkins The old “gingerbread” 1908 City Hall on 11th Avenue between Rose and Hamilton Streets. Like its wooden predecessor, the buildinge was used for everything from lectures...

06 August 2009

1911 – Walter Scott building, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond Constructed by the Moose Jaw Times Herald the building was the largest commercial office building in the province at the time of its completion in 1912. In keeping...