Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Sauchiehall Street

16 March 2013

1868 – Grecian Chambers, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow

Architect: A. & G. Thomson A three storey building, designed by Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson,, constructed as commercial premises with shop space on the ground floor front. The facade was restored in the late...

16 June 2009

1899 – Pettigrew & Stephens Department Store, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow

Architect: Honeyman & Keppie Pettigrew & Stephens was a leading Glasgow department store that was founded in 1888 as Pettigrew & Stephens, later part of House of Fraser. The store sold a wide...

16 June 2009

1903 – Willow Tea Rooms, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh In 1903, Mackintosh got the commision to design new tearooms in Sauchiehall Street in 1903. He had previously undertaken some interior design for the client Miss Cranston. For the...