Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

schools

17 May 2011

1874 – School, Keyingham, Yorkshire

Architect: Robert Clamp From The Building News: “The new schools are situated in the centre of an irregular plot of ground facing the Salter-road, in the outskirts of the village. They are to...

24 April 2011

1889 – Alexandra College, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Alexandra College was founded in 1874 at No.6 Earlsfort Terrace. By 1879, a new hall and theatre was constructed alongside. Over time, they acquired several more houses and by 1889...

08 March 2011

1883 – Royal Jubilee School, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: Dunn & Hansom Perspective view including plans published in The Building News, September 7th 1883. Never completed as designed, the cupola was never finished. Now demolished.

01 March 2011

1876 – Design for The Borden School, Kent

Architect: William J. Anscell Birds Eye Perspective of the College Building pubished in The Building News, August 4th 1876.

14 February 2011

1873 – Proposed New Buildings, Kings School, Chester, Cheshire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield View of proposed new buildings published in The Architect, June 28th 1873.

08 February 2011

1875 – St. Agnes Church, Vicarage & School, Kennington Park, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) Construction began in 1875 on this neo-Gothic building by George Gilbert Scott, Jr. The church was outfitted by his apprentice, Temple Moore, and included stained glass by Charles...

04 February 2011

1888 – Congregational Church & School, Oxton Rd., Birkenhead, Cheshire

Architect: Thomas W. Cubbon Perspective View published in The Architect, February 3rd 1888.

03 February 2011

1889 – St. Flannan’s Diocesan College, Ennis, Co. Clare

Architect: Francis O’Connor Started in 1878 and completed by March 1889. The clock tower 150 ft high. Cost: £21,000.

02 February 2011

2007 – Ratoath College, Jamestown, Ratoath, Co. Meath

Architect: McGarry Ní Éanaigh Architects Ratoath College is the first significant public institution in the community and accommodates 850 second level pupils. The site is in a landscape of partially completed housing estates...