Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

schools

08 January 2010

1860 – Geraldine Hall, Maynooth, Co. Kildare

Architect: E. McAlister Geraldine Hall, designed by E. McAlister and originally built as a Church of Ireland School. It retains many important early or original features and materials, including some diamond-leaded fenestration, timber...

07 January 2010

1936 – College of Further Education, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Built as Drogheda Technical School and now the College of Further Education, this is a fine example of the early Modern Movement in Ireland. The entrance to the school...

07 January 2010

1879 – St. Mary’s Sunday School, Drogheda, Co. Louth

A small three bay building of rusticated limestone and brick trimmings opposite St Mary’s Church of Ireland. A plaque on the building announces that it was “Erected by Thomas Plunket Cairnes 1879″. It...

16 December 2009

2003 – Sk’elep School of Excellence, Kamloops, British Columbia

Architect: Ib G. Hansen Architect Ltd The Sk’elep School of Excellence is located in the dry “desert like” interior region of British Columbia on a very visible and prominent site overlooking the North...

14 December 2009

1886 – Dining Hall & Classrooms , Salcombe College, Loughton, Essex

Architect: James Cubitt

09 December 2009

1886 – Oxford Street Schools, Barrow in Furness, Cumbria

Architect: Holton & Fox

09 December 2009

1886 – New Class Rooms & Museum, Harrow School, London

Architect: Basil Champneys Harrow School, commonly known simply as “Harrow”, is an independent school for boys situated in the town of Harrow, in north-west London. Harrow has educated boys since 1243 but was...

30 November 2009

1881 – Newbury Grammar School, Berkshire

Architect: Power & Hughes Placed design in competition to design a new grammar school. Published in The Building News, August 27th 1886.

10 November 2009

1893 – Higher Grade School, Ardwick, Lancashire

Architect: Maxwell & Tuke Perspective including ground plans published in The Building News, April 14th 1893.