Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

schools

14 October 2009

1870 – Great Hall, Alleyn’s College, Dulwich, London

Architect: Charles Barry From The Builder, April 16, 1870: This handsome apartment forms the central feature of the block of buildings just completed as the new College at Dulwich of which a general...

14 October 2009

1870 – Laboratory, Eton College, Berkshire

Architect: William Wilkinson From The Builder, February 26, 1870: This is a building necessitated by the increased importance wisely given to science at Eton since the appointment of Dr. Hornby to the headmastership...

12 October 2009

1883 – St. John’s Schools, Chester, Cheshire

Architect: Edward Robert Robson Published in The Building News, July 20th 1883.

10 October 2009

1881 – Congregational Church, School & Ministers House, Bromley, Kent

Architect: John Sulman

09 October 2009

1876 – Baptist Chapel & Schools, Highgate Road, London

Architect: Satchell & Edwards Closed for many years and recently converted into apartments, after the church elders decided to downsize the church into the Sunday School building of the complex.

09 October 2009

1879 – Free Grammar School, Heath, Halifax, Yorkshire

Architect: Leeming & Leeming Originally founded in 1585, and called The Free Grammar School of Queen Elizabeth at Heath, and later known more simply as Heath Grammar School. In 1985, it merged with...

02 October 2009

1881 – St. Edward’s School, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Wilkinson St Edwards School was founded in 1863 at New Inn Hall Street in central Oxford by the Revd Thomas Chamberlain, Senior Student (Fellow) of Christ Church Oxford and Vicar of...

02 October 2009

1880 – New Grammar School, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire

Architect: W. Talbot Brown Perspective View published in The Building News, May 21st 1880.

30 September 2009

1860 – Model School, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: James H. Owen / Board of Public Works Austere Model School built by the Board of Public Works in 1860. Still in use today, the school had two separate entrances for boys...