Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Scotland

27 March 2012

1884 – House, Oswald Road, Edinburgh, Scotland

Architect: Robert Morham Perspective view of new house in Oswald Road in The Architect, July 12th 1884.

13 March 2012

1886 – The Caledonian Insurance Company Offices, Dundee, Scotland

Architect: J. Murray Robertson Published in The Building News, April 6th 1888. Located at 33,35 Meadowside, this building is largely intact as illustrated with some differences to the street level frontage. Constructed in...

14 February 2012

1843 – Glasgow Royal Asylum, Gartnavel, Scotland

Architect: Charles Wilson An unusual design in Tudor Gothic, built in 1842-43, with the chapel completed in 1904. Initially built to hold 420 patients and later extended. Each range was U-shaped with the...

26 January 2012

1857 – Oldmill Reformatory School for Boys, Aberdeen, Scotland

Architect: James Matthews Oldmill was an Aberdeen reformatory set up in 1857 and occupied by about 150 boys. Closed in 1898. A reformatory was something like a school and a prison for boys....

26 January 2012

1802 – West Prison, Aberdeen, Scotland

Architect: Aberdeen’s Bridewell opened 1802 and was demolished around 1868. An impressive stone gateway to the Bridewell prison stood until 1883 when it was demolished.

23 January 2012

1897 – Municipal Lodging House for Men, Aberdeen, Scotland

Architect: Marshall & Dick Perspective view & plans published in The Building News, April 9th 1897. Marshall formed a partnership with Robert Burns Dick in 1895 and the year after they won the...

23 January 2012

1902 – Gate Lodge & Stables, Bridgelands, Selkirk, Scotland

Architect: W.G. Wilson Perspective view including plans published in The Building News, June 20th 1902.

10 January 2012

1897 – Bonded Warehouse, 44 Washington St., Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: A.V. Gardner Built between 1896 and 1907 and at that time was claimed to be the biggest bonded warehouse in the world. It is actually two buildings by different architects. The north...

06 May 2011

1880s – Sheriff Court, Edinburgh, Scotland

Demolished 1938 and eeplaced by the National Library of Scotland, which was constructed between 1938 and 1956