Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Scotland

04 February 2011

1876 – Earnock, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Architect: William Leiper Perspective view of proposed alterations published in The Building News, September 1st 1876.

10 January 2011

1898 – St. Patrick’s Church, Dundee, Scotland

Architect: Thomas Martin Cappon “The drawing which we give to-day is from the Royal Academy. The church is seated for 800, while the presbytery contains accommodation for three priests — viz., dining-room, three...

16 December 2010

1888 – New Parish Church, Govan, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: Robert Rowand Anderson Perspective View including ground plan published in The Building News, November 21st 1884. Now known as Govan Old Parish Church, it was also known as “St Constantine’s”. Since 2007,...

09 December 2010

1905 – Carnegie Library, Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Architect: Alex Cullen Front perspective view including ground & 1st. floor plans published in The Building News, March 6th 1903. Chosen by competition, construction was financed by money donated by the Scottish-American entrepreneur...

21 October 2010

1884 – The Bughties, Broughty Ferry, Dundee, Scotland

Built for W.H. Furguson , this perspective view published in The Architect, March 22nd 1884.

15 October 2010

1888 – The Clyde Trust Building, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: John Burnet, Son & Campbell Offices of The Clyde Trustees Proposed Extension & Clock Tower to Harbour. Elevations to Broomielaw & Robertson Street published in The Architect, January 20th 1888. The most...

04 October 2010

1897 – Leng Memorial Chapel, St. Andrews, Scotland

Architect: Thomas Martin Cappon The Leng Memorial Chapel was constructed around 1895-97 on a dramatic hill-top site with magnificent views by Sir John Leng as a memorial to his first wife, Lady Leng....

28 September 2010

1906 – Public Library, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: Thomas Gibbon Front perspective views including ground floor plans as published in The Building News, March 16th 1906

15 September 2010

1870 – Gallowhill House, Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland

Architect: Salmon,Son & Ritchie Perspective view, ground Plan with key as published in The Building News, October 14th 1870. “ONE of our illustrations this week represents a mansion recently completed for the late...

18 August 2010

1877 – Private Chapel, Lamington, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Chancel & Crypt to be added to Private Chapel for Baillie Cochrane esq. M.P. Published in he Building News, June 8th 1877. The Chapel was built in 1857 and was...