Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Scotland

21 June 2010

1901 – Glenluiart, Moniave, Dumfriesshire, Scotland

Architect: W. West Neve Commissioned by Ellen Maria Monteith, a sister of the architect William West Neve. Front Perspective View as published in The Building News , May 11th 1900. Several other buildings...

18 June 2010

1900 – The Cliff, Wemyss Bay, Inverclyde, Scotland

Architect: John Honeyman Perspective View with Plan as published in The Building News, September 28th 1900.

18 June 2010

1900 – Larkfield House, Trinity, Edinburgh, Scotland

Architect: Hippolyte J. Blanc Perspective View with Plans as published in The Building News, August 17th 1900.

18 June 2010

1881 – Glasgow Asylum for the Blind, Scotland

Architect: William Landless Published in The Architect June 24th 1882. The Blind Asylum was founded in 1804, with the first building on Castle Street erected in 1828 by public subscription. A competition was...

15 June 2010

1898 – House, Hawick, Scotland

Architect: James P. Alison “This house is situated about three miles above the town, on the right bank of the River Stirling. The house, which stands considerably above the river, and commands fine...

15 June 2010

1898 – Villa, West Kilbride, Ayrshire, Scotland

Architect: W.H. McLaughlan “This villa ia being built, for Mr. A.P. Blyth, of red stone from Ballochmyle quarry, Mauchline, and the roof is slated with green Elterwater slates, and red tiled ridges. The...

06 May 2010

1886 – New Schools, Ferguslie Works, Paisley, Scotland

Architects: Woodhouse & Morley Now a ruin, and one of the last vestiges of the vast Ferguslie Threads Works in Paisley. Contemporary descriptions of the newly-built school described it as “an exquisite building...

08 August 2009

1885 – Thomas Coats Memorial Church, Paisley, Scotland

Architect: Hippolyte J. Blanc

18 July 2009

1888 – New Schools, Camphill, Paisley, Scotland

Architect: Charles Davidson