Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Scott Tallon Walker

05 November 2009

1965 – Cork Opera House, Cork

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker The Opera House replaced an older building on this site that burned down in December 1955. Originally built as the Athenaeum, the older building was developed to house exhibitions...

26 October 2009

RTE to demolish Tallon’s Radio Centre?

13 October 2009

Profits increase by 7pc at Scott Tallon Walker

Architectural firm Scott Tallon Walker posted an operating profit of €6.7m last year, a 7pc increase on 2007. The firm, which has designed the buildings for the RTE site’s planned €350m overhaul, also...

21 September 2009

Scott, Michael (1905-1989)

Michael Scott (1905-1988) is considered the most important architect of the twentieth century in Ireland. Apart from Busáras, his most important buildings include his own home Geragh at Sandycove and Donnybrook Bus Garage....

06 June 2009

Walker, Robin (1924-1991)

Robin Walker (1924 – 1991) joined Michael Scott’s office in 1948, a year after graduating from UCD. Previously he had worked for Scott during his college holidays. After graduating, he worked and studied...

06 June 2009

Tallon, Ronnie (1927- )

After graduating from University College Dublin in 1950, Tallon worked in the Office of Public Works under Raymond McGrath. In 1956 he joined Michael Scott’s office. He became a full partner in 1958...

06 June 2009

Hamilton, Patrick

He joined Michael Scott’s office in 1947 approx. and was responsible for many of the small details in the building of Busáras. He was responsible for the running of the drawing office in...

08 May 2009

Construction starts on new Research Building at NUI Maynooth

The ground-breaking ceremony to mark the start of construction of a new €15 million Interdisciplinary Research Building at NUI Maynooth took place earlier this week. The state-of-the-art building, to be completed in 2010,...

30 September 2001

Scott Tallon Walker & Michael Warren: Tulach a’ tSolais, Oulart, County Wexford

Text © Shane O’Toole. Architectural photos © Peter Cook | VIEW Pictures, with the exception of the landscape-format interior © Michael Warren, all courtesy of the architects. Equinox sunset photos © John Dempsey...