Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Somerset

02 July 2011

1881 – Proposed New Aisle, Chard Church, Somerset

Proposal published in The Building News, July 22nd 1881. Never completed. “The accompanying illustration represents a new south aisle to be shortly erected. In making the required addition, the architect has been, guided...

05 November 2010

1888 – Easton Vicarage, Somerset

Architect: Lingen Barker & Cross Published in The Architect, March 30th 1888.

13 July 2010

1881 – St. Mary’s Church & Schools, Bath, Somerset

Architect: Dunn & Hansom Perspective View including Plan The Building News, February 28th 1879. Never completed as designed. Inspired by the decorated English style of the 14th century, the church was designed by...

29 June 2010

1855 – Orchardleigh Park, Somerset

Architect: T.H. Wyatt Although he worked in partnership for a large part of his career, on his own Wyatt designed Orchardleigh Park, Somerset (1855-8), in a vaguely Jacobean style.

22 October 2009

1875 – Langport and Huist Schools, Somerset

Architect: T. Shelmerdine From The Architect, October 23, 1875: This design was sent in answer to an advertisement for schools mid teachers’ residence, to accommodate 300 children. Thirty sets of plans were sent...

15 October 2009

1862 – Church, Ilminster, Somerset

Architect: J. Mountford Allen From The Building News, January 31, 1862: This little church near Ilminster Somerset was rebuilt a few years ago to the memory of Stephen Pitt Esq by his widow...

09 October 2009

1885 – House at East Harptree, Somerset

Architect: E.T. Boston Perspective view including ground & 1st floor plan and published in The Building News, January 14th 1885. Boston was an architect based in Hallatrows, Bristol .

09 October 2009

1884 – Knowle, Dunster, Somerset

Architect: John D. Sedding

01 September 2009

1873 – St.Gregory’s Church & Monastery, Downside, Somerset

Architect: Dunn & Hansom Perspective View published in The Building News, May 30th 1873. The building was begun in the 19th century, and ended with completion of the nave after World War I....