Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

South Circular Road Dublin

23 June 2014

1886 – Unbuilt Design for St. Kevins, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: Albert E. Murray Second placed design in competition to design new Church of Ireland on the South Circular Road. The competition was won by Sir Thomas Drew, and his striking church with...

06 May 2014

1881 – Donore Presbyterian Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: William Stirling Presbyterian church and manse constructed for a congregation of around 500. Originally constructed for a congregation of Presbyterians who were based next to the Guinness Brewery and accepted a buy-out...

07 March 2013

1818 – Former Griffith Barracks, South Circular Road, Dublin

Originally known as the Richmond House of Correction and later the Richmond Bridewell. Opened in 1818 to designs by Francis Johnston, with later work in the 1850 by John Skipton Mulvany. In 1887...

08 December 2011

1886 – Unbuilt designs for St. Kevin’s Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew The Church of Ireland built a fine gothic church with red sandstone trim to designs by Sir Thomas Drew who produced two alternate designs, illustrated here. The runner-up entry...

03 May 2010

1886 – St. Kevin’s Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew The original name of Victoria Street in Dublin’s Portobello area was Kingsland Park, which was developed from 1865 by Frederick Stokes. Some of the houses in this street remained...