Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

South Great Georges Street Dublin

28 February 2014

1879 – Design for South City Markets, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Competition design for South City Markets on Great Georges Street in Dublin. Like the second placed entry by O’Neill & Byrne, Drew’s design featured a vast glass and iron...

06 December 2011

1856 – Pim’s Department Store, Sth Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Sandham Symes Large department store demolished in the 1970s to make way for an office building. Designed by Sandham Symes and built in several stages by the Pim family from the mid...

27 May 2010

1878 – South City Markets, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: McCurdy & Mitchell Unplaced design for the market buildings on Sth Great George’s Street. Described in The Building News: “the exterior, as shown by a cleverly-handled perspective drawing tinted in sepia and...

18 February 2010

2007 – Dunnes Stores HQ, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Arthur Gibney & Partners A large commercial development entailed the removal of a couple of buildings and facade retention of several others including the former Dunlop Factory on Stephen Street, and the...

18 February 2010

1929 – Former Bank, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Jermyn Former bank building, now converted into a bar. Constructed in 1929 for the National Bank. Jermyn was principal assistant to J.F. Fuller before going into partnership with him in 1916,...

18 February 2010

1911 – Nos.60-61 South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Edwin Bradbury A fine pair of commercial buildings with ornate upper stories. No. 61, on the right was rebuilt by Edwin Bradbury in 1911.

18 February 2010

1906 – Nos. 48-50 South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy A very fine commercial building with ornate shopfront intact as well a nice window details on the upper stories. Notice, the graduation from flatheaded window to round-headed window as you...

18 February 2010

1888 – Former Dockrells, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Former hardware store, now sub-divided into multiple premises. Slated for redevelopment with facade retention and the addition of an attic storey.

18 February 2010

1881 – South City Markets, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Lockwood & Mawson South City Markets takes up an entire block of the city and is surrounded on all side by a network of small busy commercial streets. The building is heavily...

Pages:12Next »