Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

St. Andrews

04 October 2010

1897 – Leng Memorial Chapel, St. Andrews, Scotland

Architect: Thomas Martin Cappon The Leng Memorial Chapel was constructed around 1895-97 on a dramatic hill-top site with magnificent views by Sir John Leng as a memorial to his first wife, Lady Leng....

17 December 2009

1855 – St. Andrew’s Rectory, St. Andrews, Manitoba

Built as the home of Archdeacon William Cockran, who designed the adjacent church, between 1853 and 1855, St. Andrew’s Rectory is an excellent example of mid-19th century Red River architecture. It is a...

17 December 2009

1849 – St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Manitoba

Architect: William Cockran Between 1845 and 1849 construction proceeded on a new stone church to serve the burgeoning Parish of St. Andrew’s. The building was designed by Archdeacon William Cockran (1798-1865) to serve...

26 October 2009

1881 – Whyte Melville Memorial Fountain, St. Andrews, Scotland

Architect: Robert W. Edis Sculpture by Thomas Earp, medallions by J.E. Boehm 1880. Public fountain, memorial to Major George Whyte Melville (1821-78), soldier and novelist. Of Red Dumfriesshire ashlar with Dalbeattie granite. Circular...