Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

St. Boniface

30 July 2012

1963 – Civic Centre, St. Boniface, Winnipeg

Architect: Étienne Gaboury Designed to contain a police station, law courts, and a public health centre, this cluster of buildings is sited around an open sided courtyard adjacent to the former city hall....

23 July 2012

1912 – Former St. Joseph’s Academy, St. Boniface, Winnipeg

Architect: Joseph-Azarie Sénécal Former convent and school run by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Operated as a school for girls until the late 1960s. In 1936, it was...

23 July 2012

1906 – École Provencher, St. Boniface, Winnipeg

In 1906, the School Board constructed a school at the site where École Provencher stands today. It was a three-storey brick and limestone building, featuring an entry tower surmounted with an elegant ogee...

22 July 2012

1881 – Université de Saint-Boniface, Winnipeg

Architect: Balston C. Kenway Located on the site of what is now Provencher Park in St. Boniface. In 1922, a major fire completely destroyed the building claiming ten victims and destroying all of...

19 June 2012

1908 – St. Boniface Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Marchand & Haskell The fourth church or cathedral on this site was built in 1908 and destroyed by fire in 1968. The interior was lost and the two towers which flanked the...

08 July 2010

2003 – Provencher Pedestrian Bridge, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Gaboury Prefontaine Perry Located near the junction of the Red and Assiniboine Rivers, the structure provides a crossing over the Red River and links the Forks, a national historic site, and St....

01 July 2010

1910 – Collège universitaire de Saint-Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

The Collège universitaire de Saint-Boniface is a university college affiliated with the University of Manitoba and located in Saint Boniface, the French-speaking area of Winnipeg. It is oriented primarily towards the French-speaking community...

15 April 2010

1968 – Cathédrale de Saint-Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Étienne Gaboury These are the fourth and fifth churches built on this site since 1818. The fourth church or cathedral was built in 1908 and destroyed by fire in 1968. The interior...

15 April 2010

1922 – Holy Cross Church, Dubuc Street, Winnipeg

Holy Cross Parish is the oldest English-speaking parish in the St. Boniface Archdiocese, established in 1922. Prior to the founding, many English-speaking Catholic families had taken up residence in the french-speaking city of...

Pages:12Next »