Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

St. James Winnipeg

28 May 2013

1913 – Linwood School, St. James, Winnipeg

Architect: Alexander Melville Designed by Scottish-born architect Alexander Melville, who had a successful practice in Winnipeg, designing many firehalls and prominent buildings. Originally constructed as the St. James School, it contained elementary students...

29 June 2010

1922 – Assiniboine School, St. James, Winnipeg

Built in 1922, Assiniboine School is an attractive low school building with a variety of rooflevels and materials. The entry hall features a large striking mural depicting an aboriginal campsite, one of two...

14 April 2010

1855 – Old St. James Anglican Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

In 1850, Reverend W.H. Taylor was instructed by the Bishop of Rupert’s Land, The Right Reverend David Anderson, to establish a church for the settlement expanding westward along the banks of the Assiniboine...

14 April 2010

1912 – Firehall No.11, Berry Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Alexander & William Melville In 1903 the firm of A. and W. Melville, architects and civil engineers, began operation. This company was responsible for numerous buildings in and around the city. An...


Skip to toolbar