Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

St. Stephen’s Green Dublin

19 February 2010

1852 – Former United Services Club, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: William Murray One of two former clubs on Stephen’s Green, the United Services Club has an imposing presence on the green, with its elevated entrance, staircase and massive bow window. The interior...

19 February 2010

1856 – University Church, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: John Hungerford Pollen A small entrance porch in rich polychromatic brick marks the University Church between two Georgian houses. Supported between the two houses is an usual belfry. The church was commissioned...

19 February 2010

1862 – Iveagh House, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Iveagh House is now the Department of Foreign Affairs as it was donated to the Irish State by the Guinness family in 1939. Originally two houses, nos 80/81 St Stephen’s Green, no 80...

19 February 2010

1863 – Unitarian Church, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Lynn The winning entry in an architectural competition, this little church uses as much of its constricted site as possible. Originally it was surrounded by houses, but these were pulled down...

19 February 2010

1869 – Department Store, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Formerly the Habitat store, and now a clothing department store, the building on the left was once a famous Dublin delicatessan, and was amalagamated into next door to form...

19 February 2010

1904 – Fusilier’s Arch, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland A war memorial to the dead of the Dublin Fusiliers, this is regarded as the main entrance to the park of Stephen’s Green. The names of the dead are...

19 February 2010

1931 – No.52 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe An unusual corner building at the top of Grafton Street complete with modern interpretation of the corner towers used on many Dublin corners. Known as Noblett’s Sweet Shop for many...

19 February 2010

2007 – No. 75, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Burke-Kennedy Doyle / Homan O’Brien Associates Formerly the site of the Department of Justice, a 1960s era office building, which was demolished in the early part of the 21st century for redevelopment....

12 March 2009

1867 – Shelbourne Hotel, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: John McCurdy Stands on the site of Shelbourne House, the Shelbourne Hotel was established in 1824 by a Tipperary man, Martin Burke, whose ambition was to open a hotel in Dublin that...

Pages:« Prev12