Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Staffordshire

14 February 2014

1898 – Methodist Free Church & Schools, Maybank, Wolstanton, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Hutchings “These buildings, now about to be erected, will be of brick, with Hollington stone dressings, with leaded lights for the windows. The chapel will give accommodation for 453 in...

21 March 2013

1875 – Selected design for Town Hall, West Bromwich, Staffordshire

Architect: Alexander & Henman The Town Hall, situated in the centre of High Street, was built between 1874 and 1875 in brick and stone to an Italian Gothic design of the architects Alexander...

11 March 2013

1893 – “Woodcroft”, Leek, Staffordshire

Architect: W. Sugden & Son Designed for for H.Davenport esq., with perspective view published in The Building News, May 5th 1893. “The existing part of the house having no features of interest externally...

01 March 2013

1884 – St. Michael’s Church, Coppenhall, Staffordshire

Architect: James Brooks Dates from 1883–86 when the chancel was built to a design by James Brooks. The nave was added to a design by J. Brooks, Son and Adkins in 1907–10. The...

23 February 2013

1872 – Highfield Grove, Stafford, Staffordshire

Architect: Robert Griffiths Robert Griffiths was the county surveyor of Staffordshire, England and an architect, noted mostly for asylum architecture, active in the mid- to late-19th century. Amongst his many works were the...

11 December 2012

1860 – Unbuilt Design for Wedgwood Memorial, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: Wigginton, Bennett & Morris “MANY of our readers will doubtless remember that within the last two years an effort was made to raise subscriptions for the purpose of erecting a monument to...

10 December 2012

1857 – Little Aston Hall, Staffordshire

Architect: E.J. Payne Little Aston Hall was originally constructed around 1730 by Richard Scott of nearby Great Barr Hall, in a Georgian style. The house was restyled by architect James Wyatt for William...

06 September 2012

1866 – New Infirmary, Hartshill, Stoke-Upon-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: Nichols & Lynam Now part of the University Hospital of North Staffordshire, the Royal Infirmary at Hartshill was one of the earliest hospitals to be built on the pavilion system favoured by...

13 July 2012

1877 – Entrance Lodge, Elmhurst Hall, Staffordshire

Architect: Horton & Bridgford For George Fox esq. and published in The Building News, May 4th 1877.