Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Staffordshire

02 July 2012

1879 – All Saints Church, Steelhouse Lane, Wolverhampton

Architect: T.T. Smith & G.F. Roper Illustration published in The Building News, April 14th 1876. The church was designed by London architects T. Taylor Smith & G. F. Roper in 1876, in the...

11 June 2012

1875 – Priory House Hotel, Walsall, Staffordshire

Architect: E.F.C. Clarke Published in The Building News, February 26th 1875.

09 April 2012

1877 – Private Chapel, Oakamoor, Staffordshire

Architect: E.F.C. Clarke Private Chapel including elevations, sections & ground plan, as published in The Building News, May 25th 1877.

16 February 2012

1882 – Holy Trinity Church, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: John Oldrid Scott In 1878 it was decided to enlarge the chancel and add a vestry to an existing church on this sute, but before the work commenced a fire damaged the...

26 January 2012

1885 – Arcade Buildings, Walsall, Staffordshire

Architect: F.E.F. Bailey Perspective including ground plan was published in The Building News, May 22nd 1885.

12 September 2011

1872 – Premiated Design, Wood Green Church, Walsall, Staffordshire

Architect: E.F.C. Clarke Published in The Building News, April 5th 1872: “WE give this week illustrations of a church about to be erected on a commanding site on the high road between Wednesbury...

15 February 2011

1860 – Restoration of Lichfield Cathedral, Staffordshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Interior perspective view looking east and west showing proposed reredos, screen, throne and stalls. During the Victorian era, the ornate west front of Lichfield Cathedral was extensively renovated by...

03 December 2010

1883 – Art Gallery, Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

Architect: James Brooks Elevation, section, plans & perspective sketch published in The Building News, November 2nd 1883. Never constructed.

06 July 2010

1898 – ‘Seabridge’, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Hatchings Published in The Building News, August 24th 1900