Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Staffordshire

27 May 2011

1873 – Proposed new Chancel, Christ Church, Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

Architect: E.F.C Clarke Christ Church was demolished in the 1970s, and the site is now occupied by a mosque. Published in The Building News, November 23 1873.

15 February 2011

1860 – Restoration of Lichfield Cathedral, Staffordshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Interior perspective view looking east and west showing proposed reredos, screen, throne and stalls. During the Victorian era, the ornate west front of Lichfield Cathedral was extensively renovated by...

03 December 2010

1883 – Art Gallery, Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

Architect: James Brooks Elevation, section, plans & perspective sketch published in The Building News, November 2nd 1883. Never constructed.

06 July 2010

1898 – ‘Seabridge’, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Hutchings Published in The Building News, August 24th 1900

18 June 2010

1885 – West Bromwich Union Workhouse, Staffordshire

Architect: Henman & Timmins Front Perspective including Plan as published in The Building News, March 27th 1885. Older parts of the workhouse have now been demolished but the infirmary and several surviving peripheral...

31 May 2010

1886 – Smallwood Manor, Staffordshire

Architect: Robert W. Edis Front & Rear Perspective Views & Plans published in The Building News, December 10th 1886.

31 May 2010

1886 – Burton on Trent Union, Staffordshire

Architect: J.H. Morton Birds Eye View, including plans as published in The Building News, September 17th 1886.

05 May 2010

1888 – Science & Art Institute, Walsall, Staffordshire

Architect: Dunn & Hipkiss Selected Design Published in The Building News July 29th 1887. The foundation stone was laid on June 20th, 1887. The Institute building in Bradford Place is of somewhat plain...

03 May 2010

1886 – Drill Hall & H.Q.Volunteers at Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

Architect: Daniel Arkell Published in The Building News, October 22nd 1886.