Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Staffordshire

09 March 2010

1869 – Wedgewood Memorial Institute, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: Robert Edgar From The Architect and Contract Reporter, April 17 1869: This building is announced to be opened on tho _’ Ui inst. by the Earl de Grey and Ripon. the Lord...

30 November 2009

1884 – Institute Buildings, West Bromwich, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Kendrick Perpective including plan published in The Building News, August 1st 1884.

05 November 2009

1881 – St. Chad’s Church, Hopwas, Staffordshire

Architect: John Douglas “The above church, which has been built mainly by the exertions of the Vicar of Tamworth, the Rev. W. MacGregor, is situated on a beautifully wooded and elevated site just...

02 November 2009

1884 – Town Hall, Tunstall, Staffordshire

Architect: A.R. Wood The original town hall was demolished in 1892, with the replacement town hall being designed by A. R. Wood. It has a Renaissance-style facade of nine bays. The first floor,...

01 September 2009

1880 – Church of St. George, Glascote, Tamworth, Staffordshire

Architect: Basil Champneys Perspective View including ground plan as published in The Building News, June 18 1880.

10 August 2009

1885 – Library, Assembly Rooms & Public Baths, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire

Architect: William Sugden & Sons

26 June 2009

1903 – Nurses Home, North Staffordshire Infirmary

Architect: R. Stephen Ayling & A.R.P. Piercy

26 June 2009

1899 – Hawkesyard Priory, Armitage, Staffordshire

Architect: Edward Goldie Hawkesyard Priory was a Dominican Priory in Armitage, Staffordshire, England built circa 1900, including the Roman Catholic Priory Church of St Thomas. The Dominicans left the site in 1988 and...

26 June 2009

1903 – Proposed Public Library, Fenton, Staffordshire

Architect: Stephenson Stout Second Premiated Design