Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Suffolk

22 April 2014

1899 – Cavenham Hall, Suffolk

Architect: A.N. Prentice Constructed 1899, and demolished 1949. The architect, A.N. Prentice’s other work at the estate including gatehouses still exists. “This house, which is now in course of completion has been built...

22 April 2014

1882 – Patrick Stead Hospital, Halesworth, Suffolk

Architect: Henry Hall Patrick Stead came from Edinburgh to Halesworth in 1824 where he established a successful maltings business. After his death, he left a bequest of some £26,000 to establish a hospital...

19 July 2012

1879 – Bank Premises, Sudbury, Suffolk

Architect: Brightwen Binyon New bank branch for Messrs. Alexander, Birbeck, Barclay & Buxton. Perspective including ground floor plans published in The Building News, August 8th 1879. “his building is now in course of...

02 July 2012

1880 – Thistleton Hall, Suffolk

Architect: Brightwen Binyon Enlarged from Designs by Brightwen Binyon A.R.I.B.A. and published in The Building News, April 2nd 1880. Demolished in 1955.

05 June 2011

1922 – Memorial Campanile and Cloister, Elveden Church, Suffolk

Architect: W.D. Caroe After Edward Cecil Guinness, first Earl Iveagh, took over the Elveden estate, he appointed William Caroe to build an entirely new village church beside the old. It would be of...

26 January 2011

1875 – Walrond Memorial Smack Boys Home & Fishermans Institute , Great Yarmouth, Suffolk

Architect: J.T. Bottle The Walrond Memorial Smack Boys’ Home and Fishermen’s Institute, on the Ballast quay, was erected in 1875: it contains all the necessary appliances for securing the comfort and accommodation of...

03 May 2010

1887 – New Offices & Printing Works, Ipswich, Suffolk

Architect: Thomas W.M. Cotman Home to the East Anglian Daily Times & Suffolk Mercury. Published in The Building News, August 5th 1887.

03 May 2010

1886 – Proposed Workhouse, Mildenhall, Suffolk

Architect: H. Saxon Snell & Son Published in The Building News, August 27th 1886. Never constructed. The Mildenhall Poor Law Union later built a new workhouse in 1894-5.

05 October 2009

1879 – Three Lodges, Easton Park, Suffolk

Architect: T.E. Collcutt The former estate village of Easton, was based around Easton Hall, seat of the Dukes of Hamilton. The stately home as demolished in the early part of the twentieth century.

Pages:1234Next »