Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Sussex

16 March 2012

1872 – The Julius Elliott Memorial Schools, Mount St., Brighton, Sussex

Architect: Goulty & Gibbins This school was opened in 1873 and was originally known as the (Julius) Elliott Memorial School, although St Mary’s was an established alternative name. A new building for St...

24 February 2012

1881 – House, Battle, Sussex

Architect: W.H. Oakley “This house is in course of erection near Battle. It stands on an eminence, in a well wooded country. The materials are brick, stone, and timber. The work is being...

23 January 2012

1902 – New Stabling, Oakover, Ticehurst, Sussex

Architect: Ernest Emerson Perspective View & Plan from The Building News, June 6th 1902. Elevations published in The Building News, March 7th 1902.

23 January 2012

1905 – Metropolitan Convalescent Institution, Bexhill, Sussex

Architect: Rowland Plumbe & Harvey Opened 1881 as a convalescent home for men. Demolished 1988. Published in The Building News, July 28th 1905.

28 August 2011

1877 – Alterations to Ashfold’s, Rusper, Sussex

Architect: E.C.H. Blake Perspective including plans for F.H. Hogg esq., published in The Building News, April 6th 1877.

05 April 2011

1886 – Beagley Memorial Fountain, St. Leonards on Sea, Sussex

Architect: Phillip H. Tree Published in The Building News, June 8th 1888.

10 March 2011

1860 – Church of St. Michael & All Angels, Brighton, Sussex

Architect: G.F. Bodley Plans for the church were drawn up in 1858, and construction took place between 1860 and 1861 to a design by George Frederick Bodley. Bodley was also working on St....

04 February 2011

1575 – Middle House, Mayfield, Sussex

Architect: William Houghton Perspective View including details of house built circa 1575 by William Houghton. Published in The Building News, September 22nd 1876.

02 February 2011

1875 – Ardingly College Chapel, Sussex

Architect: R.H. Carpenter Ardingly College is a selective independent co-educational boarding and day school. It was originally founded as St. Saviour’s School, Shoreham in 1858 by Canon Nathaniel Woodard whose aim was to...