Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Sussex

02 February 2011

1875 – Ardingly College Chapel, Sussex

Architect: R.H. Carpenter Ardingly College is a selective independent co-educational boarding and day school. It was originally founded as St. Saviour’s School, Shoreham in 1858 by Canon Nathaniel Woodard whose aim was to...

22 November 2010

1902 – “Moonhill”, Cuckfield, Sussex

Architect: P. Morley Horder with landscaping by Thomas H. Mawson Published in The Building News, May 9th 1902.

21 October 2010

1887 – Tarring Church, Sussex

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw View of Chancel published in The Architect, November 11th 1887.

21 October 2010

1885 – Uplands, Brighton, Sussex

Architect: Clayton & Black Designed for P.A. Taylor, Perspective View published in The Architect, August 21st 1885.

15 October 2010

1888 – Church of St.John the Baptist, Brighton, Sussex

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Built in 1835 by William Hallett, enlarged 1875 by G.R. Blount and interior remodelled 1888 by Samuel Joseph Nicholl

21 September 2010

1881 – Convalescent Home for Children, St. Leonards on Sea, Sussex

Architect: Fowler & Hill Perspective view & plans as published in The Building News, September 2nd 1881. “The subject of our illustrations is now being erected upon a site granted by the Everfield...

21 September 2010

1901 – Two Houses, St. Leonards on Sea, Sussex

Architect: Phillip Tree Perspective Views including ground floor plans as published in The Building News, February 1st 1901. “Highlands Cottage,” St. Leonard’s. — This detached residence has recently been built on the Highlands...

15 September 2010

1867 – Church of St. Saviour, Eastbourne, Sussex

Architect: George Edmund Street By the middle of the nineteenth century, Eastbourne was a growing town noted for its healthy climate. The railway had arrived in 1849 and an increasing number of people...

14 September 2010

1885 – Roadside House, Pevensy Road, St. Leonards on Sea, Sussex

Architect: W. Hay Murray Perspective view including ground plans published in The Building News, January 9th 1885.