Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

T.F. McNamara

20 March 2014

1920 – Capitol Theatre, Princes Street, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara The Capitol Theatre, located just off O’Connell Street, Dublin, began life on 10 August 1920 as the La Scala Theatre and Opera House. Constructed on the former site of Freeman’s...

12 June 2013

1933 – Corpus Christi Church, Mount Temple, Co. Westmeath

Architect: T.F. McNamara Romanesque church constructed between 1930-33, and designed by T.F. McNamara, former partner of William Hague. Modelled in the Romanesque style of St. Teresa’s Church in Avila, Spain.

09 March 2013

1840s – St Michael’s Church, Portarlington, Co. Laois

Architect: Thomas A. Cobden / T.F. McNamara Mainly attributed to Thomas A. Cobden on the basis that the parish priest of the time of construction was the administrator of Carlow during the construction...

06 March 2013

1906 – St. Matthew’s Church, Ballymahon, Co. Longford

Architect: T.F. McNamara Designed by T.F. McNamara of Hague & McNamara, with the foundation stone laid in 1903. A cruciform plan with attached tower and spire. The interior has stained glass by Mayer...

02 January 2013

1906 – St. Eunan’s College, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: T.F. McNamara Odd castle-like school by T.F. McNamara, who had recently completed Hague’s cathedral in the town, when he was cmomissioned. Four circular towers, some conical, some castellated, provide the school with...

19 February 2010

1916 – Bridge building, Upper Baggot Street, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara Former bank and office building on the bank of the Grand Canal. Most noticeable for the large windows on all floors and the gable chimney which appears to be supported...

04 February 2010

1920 – Former Screen Cinema, Eden Quay, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara / Jones & Kelly Originally rebuilt after the 1916 destruction of this part of Dublin, as the Corinthian Cinema, photographs from the 1950s show it encased in neon. It was...

02 February 2010

1925 – Former Regal Cinema, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara Like many Dublin suburbs, Ringsend had its own cinema. Unfortunately like many, it closed due to declining attendences. A relatively simple facade, the minimum of architectural detail is used to...

19 January 2010

1835 – Courthouse, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: John B. Keane Burnt out in 1922, the Courthouse was rebuilt and also re-modelled in 1925 with the addition of external windows, and the removal of the statue of Justice over the...

Pages:12Next »