Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Terenure

03 May 2013

1953 – Synagogue, Terenure, Dublin

Architect: Wilfrid Cantwell At one time, in the 1950s, there were between 4,000 and 5,000 Jews living in Ireland, most of them in Dublin, using several different synagogues. After this building by Wilfrid...

30 June 2010

1938 – Former Classic Cinema, Terenure, Dublin

Former cinema, now like many in the suburbs, used as a commercial premises. The building along with a smaller light industrial premises alongside has Art Deco touches. It seated over 700 people and...

30 June 2010

1933 – Bank of Ireland, Terenure, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Sited at Terenure crossroads, this bank branch has strong Arts and Crafts detailing, notably the stonework around the entrances. This is unusual for Ireland as bank branches were traditionally...

26 January 2010

1904 – St. Joseph’s Church, Terenure, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Large and relatively uninteresting Gothic revival church started in 1904 but later extended in 1952, leaving the altar in the centre of the long nave, and two main entrance fronts....