Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

T.G. Jackson

08 November 2012

1887 – Unsuccessful design for Imperial Institute, South Kensington, London

Architect: T.G. Jackson Unsuccessful competition entry by Thomas Graham Jackson to design a new Imperial Institute in Kensgington. The massive, and to our eyes overscaled, tower would have been a local landmark. The...

26 October 2012

1884 – New Admiralty & War Offices, Whitehall, London

Architect: T.G. Jackson Thomas Graham Jackson’s shortlisted entry for a new office complex for the Admiralty and War Office in London. Published in The Builder.

09 October 2010

1878 – House at Harrow School, London

Architect: T.G. Jackson Although Harrow School was founded in 1571, the majority of its buidings date from 1845-84. During this period, a succession of architects designed individual buildings. A great many of the...

15 September 2010

1886 – Bourton-on-the-Water Church, Gloucestershire

Architect: T.G. Jackson Once the site of a Norman church, but this was demolished in 1784 and the present one was built on the site. This church was designed by William Marshall, a...

02 September 2010

1880 – City of Oxford High School for Boys, George Street, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson Illustration published in The Building News, June 13th 1880. The Oxford Chronicle for 11 October 1879 gives the following full description of the proposed school: “This building, which is about...

31 May 2010

1886 – St. John’s Church, Hampstead, London

Architect: T.G. Jackson New Choir Stalls, Organ Case & Painted Decorations by T.G. Jackson. Published in The Building News, December 17th 1886.

29 May 2010

1887 – New Quadrangle, Trinity College, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson Published in The Building News, July 1st 1887.

12 January 2010

1882 – Extension to Church, Bromley, Kent

Architect: T.G. Jackson The first recorded rector of Bromley, Richard of Wendover, served from 1226 to 1238. However, as the basin of the present font is Norman, it is possible that a church...

21 December 2009

1886 – Oriel College Chapel, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: T.G. Jackson Sketch showing proposed extension of choir & new organ, which was published in The Building News, April 11th 1884.

Pages:123Next »