Sir Thomas Drew (1838-1910)

Articled to Sir Charles Lanyon, Drew joined the office of William G. Murray and moved to Dublin. He became one of the most distinguished architects of the 19th century in Ireland, as well as being president of the RIAI and held the Chair of Architecture at the new National University of Ireland. Amongst his most important buildings are the Ulster Bank branch of Dame Street, Dublin (the interior of which has been destroyed); the Trinity College Graduate’s Building, Rathmines Town Hall, and St Anne’s Cathedral in Belfast.