Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Sir Thomas Drew

13 August 2013

1890 – Competitive Design for Holy Trinity, Cork

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Competition entry to design a facade for Holy Trinity Church in Cork city. The church was started in the 1820s to designs by George Pain, with the facade and...

09 March 2013

1815 – St. Brendan’s Church of Ireland, Birr, Co. Offaly

Architect: John Johnson / Sir Thomas Drew Built in 1815, to a design by architect John Johnson, with four-bay nave and five-stage tower. Extended in 1876 by Sir Thomas Drew, who added a...

29 October 2012

1882 – T.H. Burke Memorial, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Drew Proposed by the Resident Magistrates of Ireland, 1882. Published in The Building News, August 18th 1882. Thomas Burke was murdered by the Invincibles in 1882.

25 April 2012

1886 – Design for No.7 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew The runner-up in an architectural competition to design offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company. Published in The Building News, November 19th 1886.

29 March 2012

1900 – Royal Triumphal Archway, Leeson Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Temporary gateway erected for the visit of Queen Victoria to Dublin in 1900. A ceremonial affair, the Queen was to enter the city boundaries and be given the keys...

08 December 2011

1886 – Unbuilt designs for St. Kevin’s Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew The Church of Ireland built a fine gothic church with red sandstone trim to designs by Sir Thomas Drew who produced two alternate designs, illustrated here. The runner-up entry...

30 June 2010

1880 – Soldier’s Institute, Conyngham Road, Dublin

Architect: James H. Bridgford / Sir Thomas Drew A fine Victorian building which while undergoing renovation into offices unfortunately had its chimneys removed, leaving a bland skyline. The building has some excellent decorative...

03 May 2010

1886 – St. Kevin’s Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew The original name of Victoria Street in Dublin’s Portobello area was Kingsland Park, which was developed from 1865 by Frederick Stokes. Some of the houses in this street remained...

19 February 2010

1869 – Department Store, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Formerly the Habitat store, and now a clothing department store, the building on the left was once a famous Dublin delicatessan, and was amalagamated into next door to form...


Skip to toolbar