Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Sir Thomas Drew

03 May 2010

1886 – St. Kevin’s Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew The original name of Victoria Street in Dublin’s Portobello area was Kingsland Park, which was developed from 1865 by Frederick Stokes. Some of the houses in this street remained...

19 February 2010

1869 – Department Store, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Formerly the Habitat store, and now a clothing department store, the building on the left was once a famous Dublin delicatessan, and was amalagamated into next door to form...

16 February 2010

1867 – National Irish Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray & Sir Thomas Drew Originally this Bank opened as the Union Bank in 1867 with only four bays on College Green and two on Church Lane. it was designed...

16 February 2010

1891 – Ulster Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew One of the most magnificent bank buildings in the city with a pompous over-blown doorway, the customer enters with a sense of impending magnificence. Unfortunately, the banking hall was...

10 February 2010

1886 – No.7 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed by G.C. Ashlin to resemble a French Renaissance corner pavilion, this building was the result of an architectural competition for offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company....

08 February 2010

1902 – Graduates Memorial Building, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew

28 January 2010

1823 – St Andrew’s Church of Ireland, Lucan, Co. Dublin

A prominently sited church which acts as a landmark in the village. According to Edward McParland, in James Gandon: Vitruvius Hibernicus (1985), St. Andrew’s may have been based on a design by James...

26 January 2010

1896 – Former Rathmines Town Hall, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Around the city centre of Dublin was many smaller independent towns including Rathmines. Although now considered part of the city centre, Rathmines boasts the most impressive of the townhalls...

13 November 2009

1885 – Former Greyfriar’s Church, Waterford

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew An appealing small-scale Gothic Revival Methodist Church, designed by Sir Thomas Drew. Although extensively re-modelled to the interior to accommodate its present use as an art gallery, the exterior...