Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Thomas Ivory

20 February 2014

1775 – Blackwater Bridge, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Architect: Thomas Ivory Commissioned by the 5th Duke of Devonshire (1748-1811) as part of improvements at Lismore, this is a graceful single span bridge over the river Blackwater. Three arches of a causeway...

09 January 2012

1773 – Blue Coat School, Blackhall Place, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Ivory Thomas Ivory’s design for the Blue Coat School, Blackhall Place (now the Law Society) with the sadly unbuilt tower. Ivory was selected as the architect of the school after an...

07 April 2010

1773 – The Law Society, Blackhall Place, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Ivory One of Dublin’s great unfinished buildings, the former Blue Coat School now the Law Society seems a curious building minus the tall and flamboyant spire that was intended. The...

16 February 2010

1781 – Newcomen Bank, Lord Edward Street, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Ivory Designed by the architect Thomas Ivory in 1781, the former Newcomen Bank is now in use as a Rates office. The original building was half the size of the current...

06 June 2009

Thomas Ivory (1732-1786)

Thomas Ivory (1732-1786) was born in Cork and was originally a carpenter. Ivory was one of the most important Irish architects until the arrival of Gandon. He was the first master of the...

05 June 2009

Baker, Henry Aaron (1753-1836)

Originally apprenticed to Thomas Ivory, Baker worked with James Gandon after Ivory’s death. He continued work on the King’s Inns after Gandon resigned from the project. But his most important work was the...