Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Tipperary

28 March 2013

1890 – William O’Brien Arcade, New Tipperary, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Robert P. Gill In 1888-9, tenants of the local landlord, Arthur Smith Barry, withheld their rents in solidarity with his tenants in Co Cork. They were evicted and, under the direction of...

14 October 2012

1863 – Convent of Mercy, Templemore, Co, Tipperary

Opened in 1863, with the chapel added later by George C. Ashlin.

09 March 2012

1861 – St. Michael’s Church, Tipperary, Co. Tipperary

Architect: J.J. McCarthy Constructed between 1855 and 1861 to desuigns in “Early English” style by McCarthy. Later work by John Hardman on a particularly fine altar, which is still intact today, albeit minus...

24 October 2011

1932 – Christian Brothers School, Templemore, Co, Tipperary

Opened as a secondary school in 1932.

24 October 2011

1870 – Convent of Mercy, Tipperary, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Church added by Ashlin to existing convent of around 1846.

09 March 2010

1831 – St. Mary’s Church of Ireland, Tipperary, Co. Tipperary

A cruciform structure with pinnacle gables, tower and a graceful spire, was built in 1831. It has two memorials to the soldiers of “The Great War” (1914-1918). On an interior wall at the...

17 September 2009

1876 – Tipperary Town Hall, Co. Tipperary

Architect: T.G. Jackson The only Irish work of Oxford-based architect Thomas Jackson, the former townhall is now refurbished as a local theatre after a period of neglect, and several fires. The interior was...