Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Toronto

02 August 2010

1905 – Former Canadian Bank of Commerce, Queen Street East, Toronto

Architect: Darling & Pearson Dating from 1905, the former Canadian Bank of Commerce building at 744 Queen Street East has an especially attractive bowed facade.

11 December 2009

1844 – St. James’ Cathedral, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Frederick Cumberland The Cathedral Church of St. James in Toronto is the oldest congregation in the city. Established in 1797, the current structure was completed in 1844 and was one of the...

11 December 2009

1844 – Osgoode Hall, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: John Ewart / Henry Bower Lane / Frederick Cumberland & William G. Storm The original two and a half storey building was started in 1829 and finished in 1832 from a design...

11 December 2009

1845 – Former Commercial Bank of Midland, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: William Thomas Dismantled, moved from its original site, and reassembled to front a modern office building placed in the weird surroundings of Santiago Calatrava’s Galleria at BCE Place. The former Commercial Bank...

11 December 2009

1847 – Holy Trinity Church, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Henry Bower Lane The Church of the Holy Trinity opened in 1847 following the gift of an anonymous donor (later revealed as Mary Lambert Swale of Settle, England). Mrs. Swale had stipulated...

11 December 2009

1850 – St Lawrence Hall, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: William Thomas St. Lawrence Hall is a meeting hall in Toronto, Canada next to the St. Lawrence Market. It was built, alongside the new city hall, in 1850 after a fire destroyed...

11 December 2009

1853 – 10 Toronto Street, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Frederick Cumberland In the mid 19th century with Toronto growing rapidly a new more modern post office was needed as the 6th Post Office (1845-1852) on Wellington just west of Leader Lane...

11 December 2009

1876 – St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: William G. Storm / S.G. Curry St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church is located on King St. at Simcoe. It was designed by architect George Storm (also known as William G. Storm) who also...

11 December 2009

1873 – St Andrews Manse, Toronto, Ontario

A fine house next to St Andrews Presbyterian Church in a colonial style with a nice steep mansard roof, detailed dormer windows and rooftop decorative railing. Like many building across Eastern Canada, there...