Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

town halls

15 October 2012

1870 – Town Hall, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Alexander Tate Constructed as a townhall, with museum and public library, this is a fine building in a French Gothic style with a tall four-storey clock tower. Opened in August 1870, and...

31 August 2012

1892 – Selected design for Llanelli Town Hall, Wales

Architect: William Griffiths Selected design after a competition for a new town hall for Llanelli. In August 1892, the architect Charles Barry, appointed official adjudicator, considered the twentyfive plans submitted. The winning design...

12 July 2012

1859 – Town Hall, Coleraine, Co. Derry

Architect: Thomas Turner Designed by Thomas Turner, the Town Hall was built in 1859 by McLaughlin & Harvey for the then large sum of £4,147, with The Honourable the Irish Society contributing £2,500....

30 October 2011

1855 – Design for Town Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne

Uncompleted design for extension to existing Town Hall in Newcastle.

26 February 2011

1977 – Kensington and Chelsea Town Hall, London

Architect: Sir Basil Spence Soon after the amalgamation of Kensington with Chelsea it was decided to replace the two old town halls with a joint Civic Centre in Hornton Street. The architect chosen...

25 February 2011

1874 – Design for a townhall, Paris, France

Published in The Building News, May 15th 1874.

25 February 2011

1909 – Neues Rathaus, Munich, Germany

Architect: George Hauberisser Next door to the Altes Rathaus (old city hall), this annex to the townhall was built in a neo-gothic style between 1867 and 1908. The building is decorated with interesting...

18 February 2011

1873 – Bolton Town Hall, Lancashire

Architects: Hill & Woodhouse A Grade II* listed Town Hall designed by William Hill and George Woodhouse and opened in June 1873 by Albert Edward, Prince of Wales. In the 1930s, the building...

14 February 2011

1857 – Design for Halifax Town Hall, Yorkshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Perspective View published in The Building News, October 23rd 1857.


Skip to toolbar