Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Trinity College Dublin

24 June 2014

1700s – Library Square, Trinity College Dublin

From Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837 “The second quadrangle, called the Library-square, is 265 feet in length and 214 feet in breadth. Three sides of it are occupied by uniform ranges...

24 June 2014

1834 – Design for Museum & Campanile, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Thomas Rickman Unsuccessful entry for Museum, lecture rooms and Campanile by English architect Thomas Rickman. Rickman’s only executed Irish work was at Lough Fea house in Co. Monaghan. Photograph Copyright & Courtesy...

15 November 2013

1700s – Northern Range of the Rubrics, Trinity College Dublin

Demolished to make way for the Graduates Memorial Building of 1902, the Rubrics once formed a quadrangle of similar buildings. One range remains to the east, but with the addition of dutch gables...

13 August 2013

1856 – Design for Capitals, Museum, Trinity College, Dublin

From The Building News, March 29 1856: “Some mention has been made in our pages recently of the capitals arranged and sculptured by the workmen for the new museum at Trinity College, Dublin....

09 April 2012

1790 – Central Range and Campanile, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: William Chambers Design for eastern side of Parliament Square in Trinity College Dublin. Never constructed, some years later during the 1850s, a new campanile by Charles Lanyon was constructed in this position.

28 February 2012

1850s – Road Viaduct, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: William Aher Proposal to build a new street running through Trinity College from Nassau Street to Moss Street. The design seems to show metal arched spans on stone piers.

28 February 2012

2000 – Underground Walkway & Development, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: I.M. Pei Part of an unbuilt scheme for Trinity College at Westland Row and Pearse Street. An underground walkway was to cross Westland Row from this conical prism to a new joint...

12 January 2012

1780 – Design for Theatre, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir William Chambers Illustration of the Theatre for Trinity College Dublin, largely as constructed but with an additional dome.

27 February 2011

1884 – Proposed New Chambers, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell A proposal to replace the Rubics in Trinity College with a covered bridge to the Long Room Library. In the end the Rubrics were remodelled.

Pages:1234Next »