Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Tullamore

08 February 2011

2002 – Offaly County Hall, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: ABK Architects Occupying the site of a Victorian house in the main affluent area of the town, the building was designed around the gardens of the house. Unfortunetly many of the trees...

19 January 2010

1855 – Railway Station, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

A very simple little railway station in the form of a small 5 bay building, built c.1855 by the Great Southern and Western Railway Co., flanked by set back single-bay limestone structures and...

19 January 2010

1860 – Gate house, Charleville Forest, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Detail of small gatehouse into the Charleville Forest demanse.

19 January 2010

1805 – Farm Yard, Charleville Forest, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: Francis Johnston Fabulous little stableyard with Tudor castellations and doorways. The central archway in each range leads to upper living accommodation. The buildings are in poor repair but there are some lovely...

19 January 2010

1760 – D.E. Williams House, Patrick Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: George Ross Built of coursed limestone and set back from the street, this house stands out from the predominantly rendered street elevations. Impressive in its distinctive mid eighteenth-century design, the house was...

19 January 2010

1730 – Round House, High Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

This street has many houses with Georgian detailing, but this house stands out with its Gibbsian doorway projecting through a curved bay on the front of the house.

19 January 2010

1800 – House, Cormac Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Two impressive houses creating an imposing corner on the outskirts of Tullamore. Both have good quality doorcases and a fine staircase can be glimpsed in one through its windows. Originally built as one,...

19 January 2010

1789 – House, High Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Large high quality and high status house in rubble stone with cut stone dressings set back from streetline.

19 January 2010

1789 – Market House, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: John Pentland A fine stone building with a ground floor that was originally arcaded with a meeting room above. Unfortunately as in so many cases around the country, the ground level has...

Pages:123Next »