Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Unbuilt Dublin

10 March 2015

1912 – Second Premiated Design for University College Dublin

Architect: Arthur & Henry H. Hill Second-placed design in competition to design new buildings for University College Dublin on their site on Earlsfort Street. The assessor of the competition was architect Henry T....

10 March 2015

1912 – Proposal for University College Dublin, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: Doolin & Butler The successful entry by Doolin & Butler for a new university building on Earlsfort Terrace, as published in The Building News, November 9 1912. There are a few differences...

13 January 2015

1730s – Design for Stillorgan House, Co. Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce Around 1730, Sir Edward Lovett Pearce designed a replacement of Stillorgan House for the 2nd Viscount Allen. It was never built, although some of his designs for the gardens...

07 January 2015

1867 – United Presbyterian Church, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: William Fogerty Original design, the tower and spire of which was not completed, published in The Irish Builder, May 15 1868. “This church (the foundation-stone of which was laod on the 6th...

08 December 2014

1973 – Western Tangent Ring Road, Dublin

Architect: R. Travers Morgan & Partners Illustrations to demonstrate the effect of the Western Tangent Road as suggested by the 1973 Central Dublin Traffic Plan by R. Travers Morgan & Partners. Designed to...

05 December 2014

1960s – Unbuilt twin for O’Connell Bridge House, Dublin

Architect: Desmond Fitzgerald After O’Connell Bridge House was constructed in 1965 on the eastern side, it was suggested that a twin be built on the site of the Ballast Office on the western...

13 November 2014

1968 – Alternate designs for Wood Quay, Dublin

A selection of models from the 1968 competition for proposals for new Corporation office block pn Wood Quay in Dublin. The architects Stephenson Gibney were eventually selected, but their buildings never completed as...

22 July 2014

1788 – Proposal to link Grand Canal with Liffey, Dublin

Architect: John Brownrigg A large ladder of canal locks proposed to join the James Street Basin of the Grand Canal with the River Liffey. At the Liffey end, small harbours would have been...

21 July 2014

1970s – Proposal for Heuston Station, Dublin

Unbuilt proposal to construct new shed and carpark over the existing platforms of Heuston Station. Exact date unknown, but would have meant the demolition of the existing platforms and structure. Model constructed by...

Pages:1234567...14Next »