Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Victor W. Horwood

01 January 2014

1913 – Fitzgerald Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Formerly Earth Sciences Building, and later the School of Art. The building is named after one of Canada’s leading painters Lionel Lemoine Fitzgerald, who exhibited with...

01 July 2012

1912 – Human Ecology Building, University of Manitoba

Architect: Victor W. Horwood Originally constructed as the Horticulture and Biology Building for what was then the Manitoba Agricultural College. After the University moved to the site, it became the Home Economics department...

21 January 2012

1912 – Agricultural Engineering, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Constructed as part of the original Fort Garry agricultural college.

21 January 2012

1913 – Dairy Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Constructed in 1913 as part of the original Fort Garry agricultural college.

01 March 2011

1915 – Power House, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Victor W. Horwood Built as the Province of Manitoba Power House to generate power for the Provincial Legislature and Law Courts buildings alongside.

01 July 2010

1912 – Tache Hall, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood This student residence was the largest of the original campus buildings. Facing northeast towards the Administration Building, its facade stretches the full five hundred and fifty...

01 July 2010

1912 – Administration Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Originally the Manitoba Agricultural College when it was built in 1912, it is now the Administration Building for the University. Its central location, symmetrical facades and...

21 April 2010

1916 – Provincial Law Courts, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood / John D. Atchison Situated across Broadway from the Manitoba Legislature building, the Law Courts consists of several buildings. The original architect was Samuel Hooper, who...

14 April 2010

1907 – St Boniface Fire Hall No.1, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Victor W. Horwood This 1907 structure, located immediately behind the Hotel de Ville, replaced an older, outmoded fire hall during a period of significant growth in St. Boniface. Initial plans were drawn...

Pages:12Next »