Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Walter G. Doolin

14 May 2014

1878 – Warehouses, Merchants Quay, Waterford

Architect: Walter G. Doolin “We publish herewith an illustration of a new warehouse about to be erected for Messrs. Power and Co., Merchants-quay, Waterford. The ground storey will be of Bagnalstown granite, Portland...

25 March 2014

1884 – Design for St. Patrick’s Church, Kilkenny

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Unsuccessful entry in a limited competition to design a new church in 1884. By 1887, the Irish Builder was reporting that “owing to the lamented death of the late...

20 February 2014

1882 – Design for Waterford City Markets

Architect: Walter G. Doolin As a result of an architectural competition held in 1880, Walter G. Doolin`s designs for a new markethall were adopted. The building was completed by 1882 at a cost...

24 October 2012

1890 – St. James Church, Killorglin, Co. Kerry

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Constructed after an architectural competition to replace an earlier church of J.J. McCarthy from 1860. The earlier church was a mixture of Early English & Decorated Gothic. As with...

19 October 2012

1790 – St. John the Baptist’s Church, Cashel, Co. Tipperary

Architect: John Roberts / Walter G. Doolin Designed by John Roberts the original structure of this church dates from the late-eighteenth century while the tympanum and other so-called embellishments were added by W.G...

31 August 2012

1884 – St. Carthage’s Church, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Architect: Walter G. Doolin St Cartage’s Parish Church was officially opened in 1884, and is regarded as one of the finest examples of Lombardo-Romanesque churches in Ireland. Red sandstone, quarried locally, and white...

07 March 2012

1879 – Church, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Proposed and unbuilt design for Canon Smithwick.

06 January 2012

1900 – Holy Cross Church, Crumlin Rd., Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: W.G. Doolin Published in The Irish Builder, December 1 1900.

06 November 2011

1903 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Roscommon

Architect: Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen / O’Callaghan & Webb Main body of church constructed between 1897 and 1903 by Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen. The tower and spire was added...

Pages:12Next »