Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Walter G. Doolin

06 November 2011

1903 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Roscommon

Architect: Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen / O’Callaghan & Webb Main body of church constructed between 1897 and 1903 by Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen. The tower and spire was added...

22 October 2011

1906 – St. Mary`s Church, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Walter G. Doolin / Ashlin & Coleman Selected after an architectural competition to replace an earlier church of 1841. The foundation stone was laid in 1892, and the church was largely complete...

20 January 2010

1894 – St. Mary’s Church, Haddington Road, Dublin

Architects: Charles Geoghegan, J.J. O’Callaghan & W.G. Doolin St Mary’s is the product of the work of several architects. In 1839 the original church on the site was constructed. In 1879, the rounded...

07 January 2010

1896 – Firstactive Bank, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architects: Walter G. Doolin Originally built as a branch of the Munster and Leinster Bank, this building by Walter G. Doolinis a hybrid of styles. The ground floor has an arcade of tall...

31 December 2009

1905 – Church of St. Mary & St. Michael, New Ross, Co. Wexford

Architect: W.G. Doolin An impressive large-scale church built by Andrew Cullen to designs prepared by Walter Glynn Doolin (1850-1902) who died before completion. Occupying an elevated position in the town previously accommodating a...

06 June 2009

Rudolph Maximilian Butler (1872-1943)

Studied in Dublin and in continental Europe before being apprenticed to Walter Doolin, eventually establishing the partnership Doolin, Butler and Donnelly before practising privately. Editor of The Irish Builder from 1899 and one...

Pages:« Prev12

Skip to toolbar