Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

W.H. Byrne & Son

26 April 2013

1908 – St. Agatha’s, North William St., Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son The foundation stone of the church was laid on Sunday April 25th 1880 and the church was finally completed and blessed by the Archbishop of Dublin William Joseph...

14 March 2013

1878 – St Joseph’s Church, Mountmellick, Co. Laois

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan / W.H. Byrne & Son The main body of St. Joseph’s was constructed between 1872 and 1878, with the tower a later addition of 1904 by W.H. Byrne & Son....

19 December 2012

1870s – Loreto Convent, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Although a convent and school still exists on this site, the buildings illustrated are either gone or unrecognisable. The school was started in 1857 when they took over the house with curved bays...

19 December 2012

1843 – Loreto Abbey, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Founded in 1841 by Frances Teresa Ball (1794-1861), a native of Dublin. Her first foundation was at Rathfarnham and was called Loreto Abbey, from which title the sisters became known as Loreto sisters....

09 June 2010

1910 – British & Irish Steampacket Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son One of the few remaining older buildings on this quay, as most of the former industrial premises have been pulled down for redevelopment. Originally the offices of the...

07 April 2010

1925 – No.23 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Rebuilt in 1925 for a seeds merchant Sir J.W. Mackay whose store was destroyed during a bombardment of the nearby Gresham Hotel in the Civil War in 1922....

01 April 2010

1931 – Former Jervis Hospital Nurses School, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Now containing shops and part of the Jervis Centre, this originally was part of the larger hospital complex, and in use as a training facility for nurses.

17 February 2010

1912 – Nos.102-3 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Originally constructed for West & Son, in a style heavily influenced by Richard Norman Shaw’s work in England. Described as having a “Louis XVI interior”.

17 February 2010

1907 – No.113 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son With a construction period overlapping its neighbour at No.112, it’s easy to think that there was some contact between the two offices in terms of materials and decorative...

Pages:12Next »