Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

W.H. Byrne & Son

17 February 2010

1907 – No.113 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son With a construction period overlapping its neighbour at No.112, it’s easy to think that there was some contact between the two offices in terms of materials and decorative...

02 February 2010

1916 – St Patrick’s Church, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Fine early 20th century Gothic revival church on an awkward site which the architect has made the most of by placing the tower and spire along the roadside...

07 January 2010

1936 – College of Further Education, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Built as Drogheda Technical School and now the College of Further Education, this is a fine example of the early Modern Movement in Ireland. The entrance to the school...

28 September 2009

1942 – Cathedral of Saints Patrick and Felim, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: William H. Byrne & Son The original Cathedral of the diocese of Kilmore was situated about four miles south of Cavan town in the present parish of Kilmore. Some time in the...

28 September 2009

1930 – St. Michael’s Church, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: William H. Byrne & Son St. Michael’s church was built in 1930, and was designed by Dublin architect, Ralph Henry Byrne, son of William H. Byrne. It was richly decorated with Italian...

28 September 2009

1956 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Architect: William H. Byrne & Son Unattractive church from the 1950s, designed by Simon Leonard of William H. Byrne & Son, Dublin. The building is described by the diocese as Hiberno-Romanesque but somehow...

Pages:« Prev12